Thank you for considering to work with me as your physician. I’m looking forward to developing a personalized treatment plan together that will address your mental health concerns. Please read the following important information and instructions prior to scheduling an appointment, using the “Book Online” button below.
- Please refer to the home page for a list of insurance plans I can accept.
- Please contact your insurance company for any questions about insurance, such as coverage, co-pays, etc. Patients are responsible for knowing if their appointment is covered by their insurance.
- If I don’t accept your insurance, you can pay out-of-pocket by check or credit card. Self-pay patients will be provided with an itemized “superbill” that you can use to be reimbursed by your insurance company under your “out of network” benefits, if any.
- I can’t see patients who have Kaiser or Medi-Cal insurance, even if you intend to self pay.
- Please refer to the home page for a list of conditions I can treat.
- I treat patients over the age of 18 only.
- ADHD: I do not treat “Adult Attention Deficit Disorder” (ADHD) or prescribe stimulant medication for it, unless you have been directly referred to me by another doctor (M.D., D.O.), or you have documentation of a clinical neuropsychiatric evaluation from a psychologist (PhD or PsyD). Psychologists who can provide ADHD evaluations:
- Alexa Rabin, PsyD: 619-796-1358
- Carrie Jaffe, PhD: 858-956-9689
- Joanna Savarese, PhD: 858-752-4396
- Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Valium, Ativan, Klonopin, etc.): I do not prescribe benzodiazepines for daily use, or for insomnia, unless you were referred directly to me by another doctor (M.D., D.O.). I do help patients who are taking these medications daily, and want help finding an alternative.
- Appointments are conducted using Google Meet, an easy-to-use videoconferencing application that conforms to HIPAA privacy standards. Before your appointment, you will be provided instructions to use Google Meet on your video-enabled mobile phone, tablet, or computer.
- I can currently only accept new patients who reside in the San Diego County area.
- Please call (619) 900-9750 if you have any questions.