Private Practice Psychiatrist in San Diego
UCSD Trained | Board Certified | Most insurance accepted | Highly ranked and reviewed | Accepting new patients
I graduated psychiatry residency at the University of California, San Diego, where I trained under some of the best psychiatrists in the country. In my last year of training, I ranked #1 of 58 residents by exam scores.
I have extensive experience working with active-duty military and military veterans. I deployed to Iraq for 1 year as a private contractor for the US Army and US Marine Corps.
I am board-certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
I also have advanced training in Psychodynamic psychotherapy, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Peripartum and Women’s Mental Health.
I opened my private practice clinic because I wanted to create a safe, comfortable space where my patients are always valued and respected, where your most private concerns can be expressed without judgment or stigma.
Although I practice evidence-based medical treatments for a wide variety of mental health problems, I believe the foundation of good mental health is adequate sleep, healthy diet, regular exercise, sobriety from alcohol and recreational drugs, and supportive social interactions. As a specialist in psychopharmacology, I prescribe medication to most of my patients, but all of my appointments have a focus on a proactive, holistic model of mental health.
I have no financial relationships except with my patients and their insurers.
I respect your time. My average waiting room time is under 5 minutes. We respond personally to all patient calls and messages within 1 business day.
I respect your privacy and confidentiality. I never share your private health information without your written permission, except as required by law, billing requirements, or emergent safety considerations. My medical record and communication systems conform to HIPAA privacy standards.
I respect your values and goals. I approach the practice of medicine via the collaborative model – you contribute your own values and goals for treatment, and I provide the medical knowledge and experience to help you achieve relief from the burden of mental health problems, without a paternalistic or impersonal feel.
I treat patients over the age of 18 suffering from:
- Women’s Mental Health (including pregnancy and lactation questions)
- Interpersonal conflicts and difficulties
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) – with psychologist referral only
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Bipolar disorder
- Psychotic disorders
- Eating disorders
- I accept Medicare, Tricare, and many private health insurers. Please contact us for details.
- I don’t accept Medi-Cal insurance.
- If I don’t accept your insurance, we can provide a “superbill” for your “out of network” benefits claim.
- You may self-pay by check or credit card ($300 initial appointment, $150 medication follow-ups, $250 psychotherapy)
- Medication Management
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (self-pay only)
- Exposure and Response Prevention Psychotherapy for OCD (self-pay only)
- Telepsychiatry (video appointment)
If you are having a medical or psychiatric emergency, please call 911 or the Access and Crisis Line at 888-724-7240.
Phone: (619) 900-9750
Fax: (720) 710-2223
San Diego, CA
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all appointments are now by video visit only.